Friday 10 May 2013

Beauty Haul | May 2013


First let me apologise for the lack of posts lately. I've had a bit of a busy time lately as I had a job interview yesterday which I was so nervous for. But fingers crossed I get it as I hear back in a couple of days. And also I've come to realize that I'm too tired after work to even think about sitting down to write blog posts (that's what getting up at 2:30am does to you!). So this is where I am going to try and be more organised by writing all my blog posts in advance on my days off so they are ready to schedule for the coming week. Anyway with that out the way let's get on to the actual reason I'm sitting here typing, a good old beauty haul! First the boring stuff...

Boots Build Up Removal Expert Shampoo | £3.49
I tried to find this online but it's not actually on their site so i'm guessing it may only be in selected boots stores. I used this a couple of years ago and then for some reason could never find it to repurchase it. Now I know it's because they changed the packaging. I love this product as I use hairspray a lot and although I always use ones that brush out I can always still feel it in my hair. I use this 1-2 times per week depending on what products I've used that week.

Garnier InvisiDry Deodorant | £2.19
Not the most exciting purchase but I do have to be careful with what deodorant I purchase as I have had really bad, painful reactions before to certain brands. I love this one and it just works for me. Plus it's usually on some kind of deal wherever you shop.



BarryM Nail Art Pen 'Black' | £4.99
These nail art pens are all over the blogs at the moment so I thought I'd get in on the action. I have yet to try it out as I always want to use it and come to a blank when I think what designs shall I do. I went for bog standard black to start with but it is also available in white and pink.

Allura Nail Art Decoration Kit | £1
Whenever I'm in town I like to always have a look in Poundland as you can sometimes find some right little gems in there. Can you sense a theme here? (Nail Art Alert!!). I want to jazz up my nails for the summer so I bought this nail art wheel with some pretty gems in a multiple of colours. I know these are available on eBay but I thought for £1 i'll try these out.

MUA Nail Polish 'Frozen Yoghurt' and 'Pistachio Ice Cream' | £1
I know there's been much controversy over MUA and the fact that some of their new products are ripping off other brands. Will this make me stop buying their products?? As much as I am against ripping off other brands isn't that what most of them do? Look at clothes on the high street. You can get something from Primark for £5 which is selling in Topshop for £30! Without blabbering on I saw these two colours and fell in love straight away.

Essie 'Cute As A Button' | £7.99
I have recently become obsessed with Essie polishes! I know what your thinking, where have you been all this time?? But before they became easily available in superdrug and boots I could only find them online and I'm very much a person who likes to see things in person before buying them, especially when it comes to nail polish. I had seen a lot of people going on about 'Cute As A Button' and once I found it knew I had to have it!

Seventeen Rock Hard Nail Effects 'Grey' | £3.99
As you may have noticed the latest nail trends seem to be the gelly polishes, speckled nails and textured nails. I've always steered clear of the textured polishes and I have always love the shiny smooth appearance of a colour. But something came over me on a recent shopping trip and I felt intrigued like I had to at least give them a go so I picked up this polish as when I'm not wearing a bright polish ready for summer I love greys!

Chit Chat Nail Varnish | £1
Another cheapy find in Poundland was this Chit Chat polish. A couple of months ago I found the gold and violet glitter polishes from chit chat and when I saw this rainbow coloured glitter I knew I wanted to try it. These polishes aren't the best but for £1 you can't really complain!


Natural Collection Blush 'Pink Cloud' | £1.99
I don't know about you but Natural Collection always reminds me of when I was at school and just getting into makeup . It was cheap so affordable at a younger age. So I feel sometimes it gets forgotten about among all the bigger brands. Not all their products are for me but I have seen a couple of reviews on their blushers so I thought I would try them out.

Superdrug Coconut & Sweet Almond Intensive Conditioner
I can't remember how much this was and I can't seem to locate this on the Superdrug website so again I guess it's selected stores only. But this is another popular product flying around Twitter and Blogs. I sometimes find the ends of my hair can go quite dry a lot of the time so I'm hoping this will help solve that little problem.

MUA Pro-Base Eye Primer | £2.50
I basically bought this as I've used Urban Decays Primer Potion before and have yet to buy Too Faced Shadow Insurance but wanted to try something new. For a couple of years I was using the MAC Paintpots and kinda just grew bored of them. So I thought I would try this MUA one out.

What beauty items have you bought recently?

Instagram / Twitter / Bloglovin'


12 lovelies have something to say:

  1. You got some great stuff! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boots build up removal shampoo! I use it every Friday when I use my deep conditioner :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most amazing thing isn't it! :) xx

      Delete
  3. It's such a lovely coconut conditioner, it smells amazing.. and leaves my hair feeling so soft and lovely xx

    Gemma | ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had the chance to use it yet but I'm exciting to! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great haul, I love the polish colours :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That deodorant is the best one to ever grace this planet! Great haul :)
    Janelle Blogs Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha i'm glad someone agrees with me! :) xx

      Delete
  6. i love the new mua polishes, so lovely!


    great blog! just discovered and followed :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!