Saturday 11 January 2014

Battle Of The Nude Palettes

The most popular topic you will probably find round the beauty blogging community lately will be that of the nude palettes! Most brands have released their own version of the nude palette so I thought I would run through a couple of them.


First up is The Balm's Nude'tude Palette. I personally don't own any of The Balm products although I've heard so many good things that I hope soon enough that will change. This palette consists of 12 shadows which according to The Balm make wearing nudes fun. They are satiny smooth shadows which are perfect to be worn alone or layered. The palette costs £26 and is available from Feel Unique.




Probably the most well known nude palette and unfortunately I still don't have the pleasure of owning it yet is the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. After the success of the Naked and Naked 2 Palettes of course they were going to come out with a 3rd. But without owning any of them I can say from pictures each palette does look different. I believe I've read that this palette is more rosy/pinky nude colours. The palette costs £37 and is available from Debenhams.


Finally the one I can say I own is the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. This palette is basically the smaller / cheaper version of the Naked, Naked 2 & Naked 3 and is their first Matte palette with six neutral colours to wear alone or layer up including four never before seen colours. I love this palette and haven't put it down since I received it for Christmas. It retails at £20 and is available from Debenhams.


Finally there is w7's input with their In The Buff Palette. I've seen this floating around a few beauty blogs and instagrams but as w7 isn't widely available I haven't heard a lot about it but from websites I've managed to find out its a mixture of 12 shimmer and matte colours. I'm not 100% where w7 is available from, I've seen it in New Look a couple of times but I did manage to find a site selling the palette for a bargain price of £5.49. The site is called Xtras.

How many nude palettes do you own? Are there any I've missed out?



31 lovelies have something to say:

  1. I already own too many nude palettes, but I definitely need to get the Nude tude :) And you most certainly need the Naked 3, it's perfect :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite I don't own enough nude palettes ha!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  2. I love eyeshadow palettes sooo much! I'm obsessed :| xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wearing nude colours and I'm on the lookout for a new palette, but choosing one is just so hard! This guide may have given me a little help though haha, thanks!
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are too many good palettes at the moment!! Hope it has helped!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  4. I have heard such great things about all of these palettes! I actually just ordered the Naked Basics palette, I can't wait to receive it!

    www.fashionsontop.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the naked basics!! I love it!!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  5. Excellent brief and this article helped me alot. Say thank you I looking for your information.
    chat us online games

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking at the two new nude palettes - the smashbox full exposure palette and the too faced chocolate palette - I want both! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought of the smashbox or too faced palettes! I don't own anything from Too Faced and only a primer from Smashbpx! So thank you!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  7. Great post, such an interesting roundup. Thanks for sharing :)

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thank you for commenting!!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  8. I have the original Naked and Naked 2 palette but not sure if to splash out on the third yet! Some of the Stila offerings are looking more tempting ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go look at the Stila counter and get so overwhelmed I walk away!! But definitely still want to get at least 1 of the naked palettes!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  9. Naked 3 is definitely top of my list, I still use the first Naked palette every day and the new colours look gorgeous!
    Really liked this post :)
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to get me a naked palette!!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  10. I've heard so much about Naked, I really think it's time I jump on board! Fab post darling x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preaching to the choir!! Ha thank you!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  11. Thanks for this insight!

    Check out my new blog, I'd love to know what you think www.thefashionrubiks.blogspot.co.uk <3

    Definitely following you know too :)

    The Fashion Rubiks x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. for a blonde with light eyes, I think that the shades from Naked 3 would look amazing on you! I don't have the Naked 2 because I thought it was too similar to the Naked original but I think that the 3 is definitely unique and the shades are beautiful. They will really make your eyes pop. Love the post, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. w7 sounds interesting!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Might look into copping one of these, the colors are versatile and useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo let me know if you do!!

      Adele-Marie xx

      Delete
  15. thanks for the review, never tried any of them, but heard a lot of good things, need to get my hands on them now
    http://velvetdivination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!