Monday 27 May 2013

Peanut Butter & Oreo Chocolate Cupcakes


I'm back today with another food post (expect a lot more of these on my blog!) and one that if your a chocolate/peanut butter/oreo lover your in luck. This is another post influenced by the lovely Becky from milk bubble tea and if you have the craving to bake then her blog is a must read as she has lots of lovely recipe ideas.

What you will need is...
- A packet of Oreos
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Cake Mix (I chose Betty Crocker because you just can't go wrong!)
- Eggs, Water and Oil (optional depending on the cake mix)

First things first is to stack the oreos. Take one and spread some peanut butter on it. I used smooth but if you want an extra bit of nuttiness go for crunchy. Tower it up with another oreo and again another layer of peanut butter.


Next thing is the tricky part. Once you've whipped up your cake mix, pour it into each cupcake case. Now I found it easier to do with a small teaspoon and pour the mix down the sides first and then cover over the top. Cook in the oven on gas mark 4/5 for about 20 minutes or until the cake is properly cooked. And voila, you could ice them but I couldn't be bothered I wanted to tuck straight into them. But next time I make them I think I'm going to whip up a peanut butter frosting.


Have you made these before?



8 lovelies have something to say:

  1. Ooh this looks really cool. Do you reckon you could do it without peanut butter? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah of course you could. Try it with chocolate spread, that would probably be amazing! :) xx

      Delete
  2. looks like heaven :)

    xoxo rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these look amazing I love Oreo cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! They are amazing! :) xx

      Delete
  4. oh my... this is something else... something that I definitely want to eat!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so quick to make as well! :) xx

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment!