Saturday 4 May 2013

#BtonBloggerMeet

This time last week I was all excited and ready to meet some more local beauty bloggers at my very first meet up organised by Laura from LolaAndBehold and held in my hometown of Brighton. I know how much effort she put into the day and after many conversations just how slightly stressed she was getting but it all turned out for the best as it was a fantastic day filled with beauty chatter, girl talk and some lovely goodies from many brands. I'm going to show you a little overall of the goody bag later in the post because I feel it deserves a more in depth post of it's own as we were spoiled so much.

First I met up with Sophie and Laura. Me and Sophie agreed to be Laura's little slaves and helped her haul all the bags to the venue. We all met in The Globe pub which is a lovely little pub situated near the seafront. Soon enough the other girls joined us and we were straight to chatting. Once everyone had arrived and had got to know each other a little better we stood around to watch a demonstration from two lovely Lush girls on how their fresh face masks were made. If I had a good memory I could tell you a little more about this but I can barely remember yesterday let alone last week! The fresh mask in question was the 'Catastrophe Cosmetic' which is perfect for when you get those pesky spots right before a night out or big day and you want to calm them down. Here's a bit from their website about the mask...

"Irish moss gel will soften the skin, whilst almond oil will moisturise and leave it supple.
Fresh blueberries are full of vitamins and minerals and are anitoxidant. Rose absolute and chamomile essential oil will reduce redness and irritation. Calamine and talc will deep clean and soothe the skin at the same time.
Combined together they provide your skin with a good deep cleanse without causing puffiness – leaving the face cool, clear and calm. 
This is a deep cleansing mask that it designed for regular maintenance to keep the skin clean and clear. Regular deep cleaning can avoid spots occurring and keep skin in top condition."
We were very kindly each given a full size pot to take home and try which was perfect for me as my skin is in much need of a de-stressing and I am currently suffering from a few breakouts here and there.

After another little chatting session we then sat down and Laura handed out the press packs and lovely goody bags that she had spent time and effort putting together. We were even treated to a little raffle where in the end everyone won a little something which was nice. I won a St. Moritz face tan which I can't wait to try out. We also each received Aprils Birchbox which I was so excited about as I have yet to experience any monthly beauty boxes.

This is a little overhaul of what we were given. As you can see it didn't even fit on what I use for my photos! I will do a more in depth post on everything we received later on in the week.
After a quick stop off at M&S and The Cornish Pasty Company for a bite to eat we were off to My Salon Looks in Hove where we were treated to a glass of bucksfizz, some macaroons (my first experience of these and unfortunately they didn't live up to my expectations!) and two demonstrations of tissue highlighting and the Shu Uemura experience.
After we were surprised by a generous gift of either a hairdryer or hair straighteners (I went with the straighteners, now I can stop stealing my sisters!) we trotted off to the body shop for a quick mooch and then we split up as we had a couple of hours to spare before dinner. Me, Sophie, Laura, Lilla and Hannah went off for a little cocktail and then made our way to Donatello's for a wonderful Italian meal. This is where I became a bad blogger and was having too much fun chatting to the girls to remember to take pictures.
All in all it was a fantastic day and I met some amazing girls who I can't wait to meet up with again. Like I said I will do a more in depth post on the goody bag later this week so look out for that. Here are all the lovely girls blog links that attended...



10 lovelies have something to say:

  1. Was a great day! Was so lovely to finally meet you, hopefully see you at the next event :)

    Lyndsay ♡
    www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention the sleepover (; hahah yay it was so fun!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought that was personal between us haha :) xx

      Delete
  3. Wow sounds like a great meet up!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweeet blog! I am following you now, can you follow me back?
    http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com/

    Xs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adele, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!