Sunday 30 March 2014

Holy Grail Product | Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 'Light'

It's been about a year since I learnt and started using a face primer and understood exactly what it could do for my makeup throughout the day. So today I wanted to tell you about my holy grail primer which I have found and fallen in love with.


The Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is one I had heard about from watching YouTube videos from across the pond way before Smashbox was readily available in the UK. It was a definite love or hate product as there was a mixture of good and bad reviews. When a smashbox counter was installed in my local Boots, it was one of the first products I wanted to pick up, so I did and haven't looked back since.


I use the 'Light' version as I hate the feel of anything too silicone and it feels more of a cream then anything. You only need the tiniest amount and it covers your whole face. I use mine along with Benefits Porefessional and can honestly say it makes a complete difference to my makeup throughout the day.


Although a bit on the pricier side retailing at £25.00 from Boots, I feel it's so worth it that I will keep going back and repurchasing. I have tried other drugstore and high end primers but nothing compares so at this moment in time I've only got eyes for this one.

Have you tried any Smashbox primers? What's your favourite primer?




3 lovelies have something to say:

  1. Lovely review. I enjoy using this primer too although now I tend to alternate it with Benefit Porefessional

    Kimberley // Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your review :) i have never tried this primer but always heard such great things that I'm gonna splurge at some point soon and give it a shot


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there^^,
    I´ve seen this primer in some youtube videos, seems pretty good :)! It´s a pity smashbox isn´t sold in my country :(!
    Have a lovely day!
    xxx
    Sophie
    http://one-dollar-milkshake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!