Monday 14 October 2013

Review | MAC RiRi Collction


SURPRISE... Yes I'm back! I'm sorry for my slight hiatus but I did explain it in my last post so I just want to say thank you for sticking by my little blog. But I am back and what better thing to be back talking about then the thing I'm most passionate about...MAKEUP! And not just any makeup but the MAC RiRi collection.
I could of easily bought all of it but I had my sensible head on and managed to whittle it down to 2 items although I may try and pick up the 'RiRi Woo Lip Pencil'. I already own 'RiRi Woo Lipstick'so that was already off the list. So the two items I did end up picking up was the 'Her Cocoa' eyeshadow quad and the 'Diamonds' cream colour base.



There are two quads available, 'Her Cocoa' which is more brown neutrals and 'Smoked Cocoa' which is dark smokey colours. I opted for the more brown quad as I knew I would get more daily use out of it. The colours don't have names as far as I can see but the website does have four colour descriptions. You have bright bronze gold, soft peach, chocolate bronze and antique gold. I adore all four shades and have had a chance to wear them all and can say I absolutely love this quad. I have worn them literally everyday since I got the quad.


Sorry about my crappy swatches, this is something I have to work on for my blog. All four colours work well together and I've tried a multiple of combinations and each time I get compliments so this is definitely a winner. It's currently sold out on the website but if you're lucky you may still be able to find it in a MAC store or counter. It retails at £33.00.


I've never owned a cream colour base before so this was a new experience for me and the verdict is in... I love it. Now from previous posts you will know I love my MAC Mineralize Skin Finishers to death and thought nothing would ever compare to them but I've got to say this cream colour base in 'Diamonds' is definitely up there with my favourites. It's described as a golden shade and can range from a light veil to highly dramatic depending on what method you choose to apply it with. I personally choose to use my fingers but I think I will try out different ways to apply it just to see how different the finishing look is.


Again it is sold out online but do check your local store or counter. It retails for £16.50.

Have you purchased anything from the Rihanna collection?




3 lovelies have something to say:

  1. So jealous! Love the packaging, and that quad looks PERFECT. I need to see you SOOOON!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the eye shadows :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!